May 12, 2010

Second Try


So I wasn't too pleased with my last baking experience so I had to try again....but what to make? I had this recipe for oatmeal peanut butter cookie sandwich cookies and I thought I would give them a shot. It is my old bosses bday today and I know she loves peanut butter so what better way to celebrate a birthday than with PB cookies. The recipe seemed easy enough and I like to have a reason to use my mother kitchen aid mixer. The only thing I had to buy that I don't normally have on had was heavy cream for the filling.

These cookies were super easy to make and whats even better is they only took 8 minutes to bake! I was hoping I wouldn't be up too late baking and filling the cookies. As you can see the batter doesn't make many cookies. Well for sandwiches that is...I only made about 15 sandwich. So next time I will defiantly double the batch.

My handy dandy my cookie scooper helped make the Perfect size cookie balls. I did hand roll them all after I scooped them, hoping they would turn out in uniformed shape. I probably could have made them a bit smaller.

I am not a huge PB fan so I was hoping this would help deter me from eating them all. So I actually did not try one last night. But I must admit I just ate one and it was delish!! I had to make sure they were tasty before I took them to my boss. They were so soft and chewy and tasty I will make sure to have another one after lunch today. I 100% recommend this recipe to everyone. Especially those peanut butter lovers out there.




PS. No judging my picture to the website pic. Hers are too perfect!

1 comment: